Sunday 17 July 2011

OUGD103 SELF-EVALUATION

END OF MODULE EVALUATION OUGD103

1.    WHAT SKILLS HAVE YOU DEVELOPED THROUGH THIS MODULE AND HOW EFFECTIVELY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE APPLIED THEM?
I have learnt a range of skills, the main skill I have noticed is that my time management is improving. Furthermore, I am re-reading the brief over and over again to try and maintain a focus on the project as before I would not follow the brief specifically.  I have learnt the basics of Adobe InDesign



2.    WHAT APPROACHES TO/METHODS OF RESEARCH HAVE YOU DEVELOPED AND HOW HAVE THEY INFORMED YOUR DEISNG DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
I still have the same methods of research; to start with I always look for visual stimulus and other examples of work along the brief basis/title to help me get a sense of what I am doing. I still feel that I am not doing enough primary research which does affect the relevance and detail of the information within my project, and instead I get a little carried away with the idea generation and actual design of the projects.  When I conduct Primary research e.g. questionnaires, I think I need to be more specific in my questions as sometimes they can appear a little confusing, it is they way I write the questionnaires which needs work.


3.     WHAT STRENTHS CAN YOU IDENTIFY IN YOUR WORK AND HOW HAVE/WILL YOU CAPITALISE ON THESE?
Concept building is becoming more of a strength, and being a bit more daring with my ideas, although this still needs improvement. I feel my work is becoming more informative and I am a better colour scheme. As I wrote earlier, my time management and quantity of work is improving. Blogging – I am being much more pro-active about blogging, I am doing it as I go along.

4.     WHAT WEAKNESSES CAN YOU IDENTIFY IN YOUR WORK AND HOW WILL YOU ADDRESS THESE MORE FULLY?
Research; in both the quality and quantity. This is something I need to make a main focus in future projects and make sure that it is both relevant and informative. I need to explore working with different media e.g. stock, printing, embossing, video etc, because I currently feel that my work is quite limited and the final products could look more exiting if they were on a different stock. Blogging is still a weakness although it has improved – I need to explain and evaluate my work more and help people understand my ideas.



5.     IDENTIFY 5 THINGS THAT YOU WILL DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME AND WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO GAIN FROM DOING THESE?
RESEARCH – more of it and better quality and relevance
MEDIA – explore more ways of presenting work
IMAGE – I am working predominantly with type currently and I need to look into how I can develop my skills in image-based work
INDESIGN – because I missed the sessions which taught how to use the program I am a bit behind the rest of the year, I have a basic understanding and skill in the program but I need to focus on making the time and catching up.


6.     HOW WOULD YOU GRADE YOURSELF ON THE FOLLOWING AREAS
a.     Attendance – 3
b.     Punctuality – 4
c.      Motivation – 3
d.     Commitment – 3
e.     Quantity of work produced – 3
f.      Quality of work produced – 3
g.     Contribution to group – 2 (I was absent for most of the group work apart from FUNSHOP)

No comments:

Post a Comment