Wednesday 6 June 2012

Presentation Structure


PPD LEVEL 5 PRESENTATION SLIDE CONTENT

INTRODUCTION PAGE
Name
Graphic Design
Module Code
PPD Level 5

CONTENT PAGE
The Transition
The Direction of my Work
Strengths
Weaknesses
Improvements & Developments / Typography
Influences and Interests
Design Studios
Summer Plans
Aspirations for Level 6

THE TRANSITION FROM LEVEL 4 – 5
At the end of Level 4 I was did not know what type of design I liked or have a style
Over the summer and throughout this year I now know I am more interested in type based design that is colourful and bold.
I see the purpose of graphic design and the briefs. In my work I am now designing for a concept and a purpose rather than just a proposed idea.

WHAT DIRECTION MY WORK HAS GONE IN - PACKAGING
Typographic based – more sans-serif typefaces – like the contrasts of light and condensed within a piece of design. I like design that is more minimal.
I like the use of photography in design although I have not used any yet; I tend to veer away from illustration and decorative design.
Bold use of colour – more recently use of gradients and textures.
I have more of a pull towards print based briefs; packaging, branding

STRENGTHS
Print and Packaging
Strategic Working Method
Feel Good Brief and Product Range Distribution
Collaborations – this helped my time management and working method. I learnt that I also work better when collaborating – able to push and develop my concepts and design outcomes further (less hesitation because I have constant feedback)

WEAKNESSES
Motion Design – I found piecing together a sequence of moving images incredibly difficult. Having always thought in 2D and 3D, adding time into the equation was challenging.

TYPOGRAPHY
This is something that I really struggled with last year
This was one of the most useful modules – learn a skill that has helped me in every part of my design
I can now present work on a more professional level and have an understanding on the values and importance the smallest effect layout, typeface, point size and white space can impact on.

MY INFLUENCES & DESIGN INTERESTS
Design Context Blog

ME IN THE INDUSTRY / STUDIOS

Some of the studios that I  am interested in working with – ones that I have emailed?
Internships / Studio Visits

 SUMMER PLANS FOR WORK AND DEVELOPMENT
Live briefs
Travelling most of the summer – experience different culture and open my eyes to design around the world.
Build connections both inside and outside the industry.
Studio Visits – work out what type of industry / studio I want to be a part of (small, large?)
Collaborations with friends in the creative industry?
Plan internships for the christmas

 ASPIRATIONS FOR LEVEL 6
Webdesign – this is something that we touched on this year but I am very interested in developing my skills for next year
Continue working with packaging and branding
Use more photography whithin my work
More life briefs and collaborations







No comments:

Post a Comment