Tuesday 8 May 2012

Drafting Points / Structure for emails to send out

I have talked through what I should include in the emails to the potential studios and how to structure it...

  • Basic introduction of who I am, where I am, what I am doing
  • Talk about why I am contacting them; studio visits, feedback on work, work placement
  • What I like about their company; location, size, work, ethics, certain project
  • If you will be in the area (e.g. London) then say this and the date. 
  • You could talk about the skills you have, the areas you are interested in. 
Be clear on what you want from then, why

Remember that what you put in the subject box is the most important thing, make sure that it will catch their attention. 

*'I would wish to be considered for a design internship"
* Conclusion; appreciate their time is valuable, thank them for it
* Greatly interested in their opinion / feedback / advice on my work so far and get professional advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment