Tuesday 8 May 2012

PPD Session - Looking at our progress

Today was the day that we were told we would be locked in the studio until we sent out emails asking for studio visits / work placements or feedback from various design studios.
This was a day that I had been dreading but as it turned out it was not quite so daunting as in the end we were not locked up. Instead we just had individual tutorials with either Jane or John talking about where we were in terms of 'getting myself out there' and ideas for the summer and potential future.

This is the part of the module I have found really hard; currently I don't feel confident enough within my work to see myself sitting through a month's placement...but luckily after having a talk with John, this was not what they were asking of me.

A sheet of questions were given out to each of us that we should then write up on our blogs, basically just trying to find out what we had done in terms of research etc.

Currently I do not know what area I want to go into. For most of this year I have been more focused on print based design, however I am very interested in web design and digital design (as I feel that this is the future!).

I have had a look at studios and companies around the country mainly focusing in London because it is near to home, it is accessible and there are greater opportunities. I have also had a look at studios that are in Leeds, and also Banbury, Oxford and Cheltenham as these are all within a half hour radius from my home in Oxfordshire.


No comments:

Post a Comment