Tuesday 8 May 2012

PPD Progress Report

Below is a checklist of points we were asked to do by the end of the day or at least to have made a start on;


5 ACTIVITIES I have undertaken to secure opportunities for studio visits

  • Researching studios in the UK, America and over the world
  • Blogging my research and analysing them using the SWOT analysis
  • Talking to Jane and John about ideas
  • Building a list of contacts in the back of my note book
  • Looking at my summer calendar and working out where I will be and seeing if I can drop by studios e.g. London or abroad. 


LIST DESIGNERS / STUDIOS / COMPANIES that you intend / have contacted. 

"MADE BY ANALOGUE" - Leeds (print, photography, branding, web, digital)
  • Barry Darnell
  • barry@madebyanalogue.co.uk
  • 0113 341 0330
"GRAPHICKS" - London (print, web, branding)
  • Will Hicks
  • will@graphicks.co.uk
  • 0203 137 3849 (design studio) 0203 137 3849 (main office)
AMPHORA DESIGN - Bath
  • Niel Tully
  • niel@amphora.co.uk
BARLOW DOHERTY - London
  • Abigail Pitcher
  • abigail@barlowdoherty.com
PHILL CLEAVER - Oxford
  • philc@etal-design.com
STRATTONS ADVERTISING - Basingstoke
  • Richard Stratton
  • richard@strattons.com
STUDIO OUTPUT - London / Nottingham
  • sam@studio-output.co.uk

DUNCAN PARKES (freelance) - Cheltenham
  • duncan@cellardoorcreative.co.uk
ZIGGURAT BRANDS - London
  • No email address yet

LILLIESKOLD - London
  • no email as of yet



WHAT HAVE I DONE TO FOLLOW UP ON CONTACTS

Currently I have not followed up on any of the contacts yet. Some of the larger design companies I still need to get addresses for. I need to talk to Jane and John and help draft an email with them because this is what I am most daunted by...properly putting myself out there.

I also need to put together / chose a file of pdf to send them to look at, even if I am just asking for feedback.


WHAT PROBLEMS HAVE I ENCOUNTERED

My main problem at the moment is finding structuring and writing a email to each of these design studios. I find it incredibly difficult to write down exactly what I want to say to them!

Other problems I have encountered are finding the email addresses of the larger companies.


WHAT HAVE I DONE TO ADDRESS THEM

I have talked to Jane and John about the best way to approach them. I have been researching designs for mail outs. I will be sending emails out however I feel that the best way to catch the attention of the studios is to send out a mail out, something physical that they can remember me by...becuase I feel that an email is impersonal and has the problem of being lost in junk mail.


5 THINGS I AM GOING TO DO TO ACHIEVE THEM

  • Draft and then finalise an email to the studios
  • Put together a file of my best work in pdf format (e-portfolio)
  • Start designing a creative cv / mail out
  • Build a larger list of contacts, even if they are abroad and I just email them for feedback. 
  • Be braver and not worry about putting myself out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment